Random Musings and Happenings

Monday, April 04, 2005

Why I'll Never Own Nice Furniture

People frequently ask when I plan to "do something" with my house. After all, I've owned it 2-1/2 years and have yet to make any improvements. Nor have I purchased any furniture. Other than my mattress, everything I own is a hand-me-down... something I acquired when an old roommate moved out. It's not that I don't like nice things. It's that I'd rather spend my money on less tactile things, like going to New Zealand... or Alaska... or Mexico. Or, like my latest adventure...

I'm going to FRANCE! To cycle the Pyrenees! And see Lance attempt number 7 in the Tour de France! Doesn't that sound better than a new couch?!?!

[Follow up: it was MUCH better than a new couch! I took this shot at the top of a climb on our first day riding and watching the tour. Doesn't get much better than this!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home