Random Musings and Happenings

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Dixie Pass

On our first date, I showed Craig photos from my Sierra Club service outing to Dixie Pass in 1998. I think somehow we both knew that day that I'd get to show it to him someday.

Although I missed having a big crew when we were bushwacking through the willows (my grizzly anxiety was high with just the two of us), everything else about the trip was perfect.

We camped at a great spot along Strelna Creek and day-hiked to Dixie Pass from there. Either my memory is fading or I'm getting older (probably both), because the climb to the top was harder than I remembered.

Of course, it was well worth the effort. The skies were clear, providing incredible views from the summit of the surrounding Wrangell mountains. The Wrangells contain some of North America's highest peaks.

Simply beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home