Dad, Part II
Since so many folks enjoyed my previous post about my Dad, I thought I'd share some tidbits about his big adventure in Alaska. Despite packing his Keen sandals, my Dad wore his shiny white sneakers on the boy's halibut fishing trip. According to Craig, he was mortified when blood got on them while the fish were being fileted.I expected my Dad to have a suitcase full of NY Yankees attire to wear in Alaska, and he did not disappoint. However, I was hoping that the clothes would be the extent of the Yankees impact on my nuptials. Lo and behold, thanks to a time delay, the Yankees-Met
s game was being shown on ESPN at the very moment I was ready for my Dad to walk me down the "aisle" (really across the grass) to get married. As I waited, he slowly put on his shoes and tie, with his eyes clued to the satellite TV the entire time. He managed to only miss a couple of innings while I tied the knot and was thrilled that his Yanks made a great comeback to beat the Mets on my wedding day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home