Random Musings and Happenings

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Grocery Nirvana






I have reached grocery nirvana. The first Trader Joe's opened in North Carolina yesterday, a mere 2.5 miles from my office in Cary. I braved the crowds of crazy fellow Yankees to participate in the opening day festivities. It was like coming home. No longer will I need to take coolers with me up to NYC when I visit my parents. No longer will I pine for the organic foods, gourmet yummies, and sweet deals. I can drink Two Buck Chuck whenever I feel like it, and never want for recycled toilet paper or all-natural dog treats. With the new super-swank gym opening across the street from my office, I may never leave North Carolina.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

OMG!! I am so there!

6:53 PM

 
Blogger The Younger's said...

You might want to call first. It was a madhouse yesterday and rumor has it they are already running out of items. Best to find out when the next truck arrives!

8:24 PM

 
Blogger suitcasekidz said...

Thanks for sharing the good news. I only had to survive 10 years in NC without a Trader Joes (doing the annual stock-up when I visited my dad in CA). Sent in several postcards suggesting Cary would be a great location--glad to know they finally listened to me after I moved. ENJOY! Melissa

5:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home