Impressive or Stupid?
My apologies in advance for this self-aggrandizing post. I just had to share my running triumph from this morning... in five miles on the usually well-trafficked Woodcroft trails, Phoebe and I encountered nary a single other runner braving the 18-degree temps (lower, with the wind chill). When we ran in the slick, snowy conditions last month, I thought we were on track to achieve this dubious milestone, but we crossed paths with a similarly bundled-up runner just as we were turning towards home. Somehow, achieving this feat made me feel much better about dragging my sorry behind out of my warm bed. And it completely validated all my cold-weather running purchases (capilene, fleece, Under Armour, etc.). However, it did make me pause to wonder if perhaps I was stupid to risk frost-bite to burn some calories and attempt to wear out the pooch. Nah... :)

1 Comments:
I always wondered who those crazies were running in sub-zero wind chill weather. You're nuts.
9:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home