Random Musings and Happenings

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Best New Toy Ever!


My Prius arrived yesterday! It was well worth the 2-1/2 month wait to get the car in blue. Within half an hour of picking it up, I was on my way to chaperone a Venturing camping trip to Jordan Lake. Who needs a user manual when you have four 16- and 17-year olds to locate every cool feature your car comes with? I was impressed with how much they liked the fuel consumption display and their complaints about gas-guzzling vehicles. Maybe there is hope for the future. :)


Although I bought the car for the great gas mileage (more than 50 miles to the gallon), I must confess that I am very excited about all the bells and whistles it came with. My favorite is the keyless engine. I don't need to put a key in the ignition; I just keep the "key" in my purse and press the power button shown in the photo on the right. To put the car in park, I hit the "P" button. Very cool!

1 Comments:

Blogger suitcasekidz said...

I'm so impressed! Back before we realized we could survive in Holland without a car, we looked at the Prius. I figure if you have to drive, the least you can do is drive green. Good for you, Melissa

4:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home