Inanimate Objects
This week I've been impressed by the emotional responses I've had to a couple of inanimate objects. First, I learned that my travel bug, a geeky little trackable tag attached to a phone card I bought in New Zealand a few years ago, has circled the globe and is having
a grand Kiwi adventure. Am I jealous of it while I am stuck at my desk everyday? Yes!!!Then, Craig lost his wedding band playing soccer last night. He borrowed goalie gloves from a player his team picked up at the game and discovered on his drive home that it was missing, having likely gotten pulled off when he removed the gloves. He only knew the guy's first name and wasn't sure how to locate him. We realized Craig could get a replacement ring of the same titanium/platinum combo, same style, same inscription... but it made me sad to think it wouldn't be the same ring I put on his finger in Homer.
Although I can't head off to New Zealand, the second inanimate object story has a happy ending. The folks at the Soccer Dome helped Craig track down the guy who lent the gloves and lo and behold, the ring was still stuck in the finger of the glove. Here's to Lee Whose-Last-Name-We-Don't-Know for returning it!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home