Random Musings and Happenings

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Peanut Butter

Today is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day - a celebration for people like me who could (if they weren't dieting) eat an entire jar of peanut butter in one sitting... people who (used to) order regularly from Peanut Butter & Co....

But enough pining for the peanuty yumminess. I have a peanut butter anecdote...

While traveling in New Zealand a few years ago, my friend, Jenn, and I were staying in a little B&B in a small tourist town on the coast of the South Island. Our hosts, shown in this photo, were thrilled to have some "Yanks" visiting. At breakfast, they remembered they had some peanut butter we might enjoy. (For those unaware, we Yanks seem to be the only folks in the world who like peanut butter - in most other countries, people think of it as we do of vegemite.) I happily accepted the jar, spread some PB on a cracker, and took a huge bite. When I started gagging, Jenn took a closer look at the jar. Clearly, very few Yanks visit this B&B, because the peanut butter was about 10 years old. At the rate I eat the stuff, I had no idea it could go bad!

So here's to yummy, non-expired peanut butter. Happy National Peanut Butter Lovers Day!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home