A Taste of Homer
Tomorrow (July 2nd) will be Craig and my first anniversary. With all three of our favorite local restaurants (Starlu, Four Square, and City Beverage) closed the week of July 4th, we decided to celebrate a bit early and do something a little different.We had an incredibly relaxing and delicious visit to the Fearrington House this weekend. Their "summer getaway" package incl
uded a night at the inn, afternoon tea (Craig's first ever - he liked it!), a scrumptuous 3-course dinner, and a huge breakfast. We added in-room massages to make it even more decadent.Despite the Belted Galloway cows and rural North Carolina landscape, we did enjoy a bit of an homage to our Alaskan nuptials. For dinner, Craig had Copper Rive
r salmon and I had Alaskan halibut. That's exactly what we ate at our wedding dinner in Homer. All we were missing were moose walking down the street (and, of course, my Dad chasing after them, yelling, "MOOOOOSE, MOOOOOSE!!!").
r salmon and I had Alaskan halibut. That's exactly what we ate at our wedding dinner in Homer. All we were missing were moose walking down the street (and, of course, my Dad chasing after them, yelling, "MOOOOOSE, MOOOOOSE!!!").
2 Comments:
Congratulations on your first anniversary! You guys look great (and very happy)!
Love,
Sara
2:36 PM
Although I was expecting a post regarding Bart, Lisa and Maggie's father, I was not disappointed in the least when I discovered the actual subject. Happy Anniversary!!!
10:21 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home