Cranky!
Cranky, cranky, cranky me! After successfully keeping a flare up of my iliotibial band sydrome (ITBS) at bay for more than two years, it's back, and in both legs. Everything about the Coach Bubba 20K a couple of weeks ago seemed wrong... from side stiches to quad pain, I just felt off from the start. Little did I know, I was re-triggering the injury that almost sidelined me from Ironman Wisconsin in 2004.
Anyone who witnessed my whiny, indulgent, self-pitying behavior back then will feel sympathy for my incredibly tolerant husband. Poor Craig is being encouraging and bringing me ice-packs and coming up with rehab plans that will slowly get me back on my feet. But I don't want recovery to go s-l-o-w-l-y! I am Instant Gratification Girl with an endorphin addiction and this just bites! As my parents like to point out, it is a good thing I married a man who, "has the patience of Job."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home