Random Musings and Happenings

Monday, March 26, 2007

Love Those Keens

I'm continuing my homage theme with an ode to the Keen Targhee. Craig and I both christened our Targhees (as seen in this photo) on a backpacking trip to Mt. Rogers Nat'l Rec Area this past weekend. Despite ~16 miles of rocky, rugged trail, we both remained blister free. This is particularly impressive given that neither of us had made an effort to break in our shoes prior to the trip. Better yet, they feel and are as lightweight as sneakers. Keens rock!



The other interesting tidbit about our trip was that we got to see a recent prescribed burn in the vicinity of Rhododendron Gap. Many believe the natural fire regime is part of what's responsible for the mountain balds in this area. I look forward to going back next year to see the regrowth.

You can view the rest of our trip photos here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home