Calgon, Take Me Away
Please accept this blog entry as an apology to all of you whose emails and phone calls I have neglected to return. It's been a crazy week... first, I took a nasty fall while running on Saturday and twisted my ankle really badly. (I could hear the sound of ligaments tearing.) This resulted in a trip to the ER to check on the baby (fine) and make sure the ankle wasn't broken (it wasn't). Meanwhile, the house is in a state of chaos, with all of downstairs moved upstairs while the bamboo floors get installed. We have no kitchen; instead, just a toaster, microwave, and crock pot, and I do dishes in the guest bathroom sink. This situation is especially difficult to navigate on crutches. Today, things got particularly stressful. Holden's vet called to say that the blood test from his check-up the other day showed elevated levels of blood calcium. I know I shouldn't panic just yet because it could be a bunch of other things besides cancer, but hey, this is me and stress is something I excel at.
So now, I've returned to bed, the only place (besides the master bathroom) untouched by the remodeling effort, and I'm missing both ibruprofen (banned during pregnancy) and chocolate (impossible to access my given the house chaos and ankle situation). And I just want say, this sucks. There, I feel better now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home