Random Musings and Happenings

Friday, June 16, 2006

Time

Today I am reminded of Alan Lightman's Einstein's Dreams, in which he describes the relativity of time. After being as patient as someone nicknamed "Instant Gratification Girl" can be these last few months, it's now only a few hours until I leave for a fun pre-wedding weekend in the NC mountains and less than two weeks until I leave for Alaska. However, the current passing of time is a horrible, slower version than usual. Kind of like how a minute of running seems infinitely slower than a minute walk break.

To make matters worse, I am now hungry in addition to impatient. This is a result of receiving an email from the woman in charge of our wedding in Alaska asking me to approve the following menu:

Baked brie, bread bowl & dips, smoked salmon, & vegetable cheese platters
Bella Donna salad
Alaska King crab
Braised halibut on a bed of baked carmel apples
Gilled salmon with a lemon orange zest
Organic wild rice pilaf
Vegetable de jour
Fruit platter
Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting

Yeah, I think that will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home