To Sleep, Perchance to Dream
After not dreaming at all during the first couple of months of sleep deprivation, now that I can actually snooze a few hours at a time, I have started to have the strangest dreams. They are all somewhat anxiety-ridden, probably because in the back of my head, I'm listening for the cry that will wake me up and knowing my comfort will be short-lived. These dreams have all the typical anxiety components - I'm late for something, someone needs rescuing, something is trying to hurt me, etc. The odd part is the cast of characters I've brought into the dreams... everyone from early childhood friends to graduate school acquaintances to my chiropractor... in the last example, instead of being there to crunch my back, he was at the airport helping me get to the plane that was about to leave without me. Sleep has become like being a guest on This is Your Life, except everyone has switched roles. I can't wait to see what tonight's episode brings!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home