Random Musings and Happenings

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Crossroads

At the intersection of Christian Light and Kipling Rds in Harnett County, just outside Raven Rock State Park, Bob & Nan's Citgo is both a physical and metaphorical crossroads. I desperately wished I had a camera with me when I was there yesterday to stop in for a Payday bar. (These photos from Google will have to suffice in setting the mood.)


I arrived on bicycle, along with my fellow spandex-clad companions, Craig, Will, and Chris. Just as we approached the store, a large group of camouflage-clad hunters arrived in search of their own fortifications. Suddenly the trash-talking, competitive men who took me on a much longer, harder ride than they had promised became quiet. It seems that men in tight shorts don't like to draw the attention of men in camo. In moments like these, I am even more thankful than usual to be a girl. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home